Megan Williams won the 2022 Text Prize for her debut YA novel Let’s Never Speak of This Again. She lives in Brisbane with her husband and their three children.
Our interview begins at 14.00
We've got a Substack publication now! On the last day of the month, we share recommendations for two things we reckon you should read/watch/listen to. The beauty of Substack is you can revisit all our old editions and comment on our episode updates to share your thoughts. Come say hi!
And take a look at our festive recommendations here!
Caitlin recommends: Heartstopper Vol 5
A beautiful continuation of Nick and Charlie's story. This series is perfect, we couldn't love it more.
Michelle recommends: The Gifts by Laura Barnett
A heartwarming festive novel, told through 12 interconnecting stories of people searching for gifts for their loved ones.
In this interview, we chat about:
- Teenage friendship circles and having a 'best friend'
- Writing realistic parents in YA
- Coming up with book titles
- Exploring different types of grief through a teen lens
- How Megan wrote around parenting two (now three) small children
Books and other things mentioned:
- Recommendation culture on Cool Story by Bri and Bridie
- Creativity by John Cleese
Let's Never Speak of This Again is available now. Thank you to Text Publishing for providing copies of the book in preparation for the interview
Connect with us on Instagram: @betterwordspod